School District of Lee County announces Lee Health Stadium at the new Bonita Springs High School

School District of Lee County announces Lee Health Stadium at the new Bonita Springs High School
Posted on 07/31/2018
School District of Lee County announces Lee Health Stadium at the new Bonita Springs High SchoolThe School District of Lee County and Lee Health announce a five-year community partnership giving Lee Health the naming rights to the new Bonita Springs High School football stadium. Lee Health Stadium will open this fall for Bonita High’s inaugural JV football season.

“Lee Health has been a long supporter of The School District of Lee County and we are thrilled to partner with them to name the stadium at the new Bonita Springs High School,” says Superintendent Dr. Greg Adkins. “This affiliation will directly benefit our students and employees and we could not ask for a better ally.”

“We are proud to have our name on the new stadium, and proud to foster a partnership between education and health care that will benefit Lee County’s students. As we prepare to open our new facility at Coconut Point, we look forward to continuing to take an active role in the south Lee County community. I wish the Bull Sharks the best of luck in their inaugural season at Lee Health Stadium this fall,” said Larry Antonucci, M.D., MBA, Lee Health President & CEO.

As part of the agreement, 60 percent of the naming rights fee will remain at Bonita Springs High School while the remaining 40 percent will be available for countywide use by the school district. All of the money is slated for capital improvement projects including safety and security upgrades and technology enhancements.

This is the latest in a long line of partnerships between Lee Health and the School District of Lee County. Superintendent Greg Adkins sits on the executive committee of Lee Health’s wellness initiative, Healthy Lee, and Lee Health partners with schools in the area to provide certified nursing assistant training to high school students.

The District’s Naming Rights initiative allows companies to put their name on a high school stadium, gymnasium or theater. The money generated will go toward closing a nearly $478 million gap in capital dollars which pays for new construction, maintenance, technology, equipment and safety and security initiatives.

Along with Naming Rights, the District also has digital advertising opportunities as well as athletic sponsorships for all 14 of its high schools. To learn more go to http://www.leeschools.net/advertising.