Notice of Termination
Home Education, as defined by Florida’s law, is “sequentially progressive instruction of a student directed by his or her parent in order to satisfy the attendance requirements of 1002.41, 1003.01(13), and 1003.21(1).”
Home Education is a parent-directed education alternative. Home Education allows the freedom to explore and learn at the pace of the individual student. Parents who provide instruction to their children at home are requested to read carefully and comply with all of the state statutes and regulations governing the operations of a Home Education Program.
The attachment below will assist you in terminating your student's Home Education Program.
ALL STUDENTS WITHDRAWING THEIR ENROLLMENT WITH THE HOME EDUCATION PROGRAM MUST SUBMIT THE NOTICE OF TERMINATION TO THE HOME EDUCATION DEPARTMENT.
Including but not limited to:
- Enrolling in the public school setting, please familiarize yourself with the Transfer of Credit Rule.
- Completing their education program, feel free to complete the Affidavit of Home Education Completion form.
- Enrolling in Adult Education to pursue a GED, consult the website: http://www.leeschools.net/ace.
- Moving out of state, district, county, etc.
- Enrolling in a private school.