Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Over the next few days the School District of Lee County will be watching the weather due to Subtropical Storm Alberto.
At this time there are no changes to the school calendar. If we have any changes to the schedule we will communicate with you through ParentLink via phone, email and/or text message using the contact information provided during the start of the school year.
Please sign into ParentLink at http://parentlink.leeschools.net or use the District App to make sure your contact information is up-to-date. The District will also communicate through local media outlets, social media, school sites and the District's website.
HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION
Have A Plan by Lee County Emergency Management
The time to develop and practice your emergency plan is prior to hurricane season. Some things to consider when creating your plan are:
- Know your risks.
- In which Storm Surge/Evacuation Zone do you live?
- Are you in a flood zone?
- Do you live in a mobile or manufactured home?
- What year was your house built?
- Does your house have storm shutters?
- Prepare several evacuation or sheltering options for your family.
- Shelter at home if it is safe from winds and storm surge waters.
- Shelter outside of the evacuation area, with a friend, or at a hotel.
- Go to a Public Shelter if you have no other safe place to go.
- Prepare your Emergency Supply Kit before the start of hurricane season.
- Add a few pieces to your supply kit each week so that it doesn't break your budget. Remember to check your kit often and rotate the non-perishable food in your kit.
- Secure items in and around your home before tropical storm force winds arrive.
- Be sure all family members know who to call or where to gather if you become separated.
- Let family and friends in other locations know your evacuation plans.