At this time students projected back to school is Monday, September 25th.
Please continue to check our website and social media channels as well as local media outlets.
The School District of Lee County is monitoring the progress of Hurricane Irma, District officials are working closely with Lee County Emergency Management officials and will continue to do so over the next week as the storm approaches.
When we have information about any changes to the school schedule we will communicate with you through ParentLink via phone, email and/or text message using the contact information provided during the start of the school year. Please sign into ParentLink at http://parentlink.leeschools.net or use the District App to make sure your contact information is up-to-date. The District will also communicate through local media outlets, social media, school sites and the District's website.
Follow us on Twitter @LeeSchools
Have A Plan by Lee County Emergency Management
The time to develop and practice your emergency plan is prior to hurricane season. Some things to consider when creating your plan are:
- Know your risks.
- In which Storm Surge/Evacuation Zone do you live?
- Are you in a flood zone?
- Do you live in a mobile or manufactured home?
- What year was your house built?
- Does your house have storm shutters?
- Prepare several evacuation or sheltering options for your family.
- Shelter at home if it is safe from winds and storm surge waters.
- Shelter outside of the evacuation area, with a friend, or at a hotel.
- Go to a Public Shelter if you have no other safe place to go.
- Prepare your Emergency Supply Kit before the start of hurricane season.
- Add a few pieces to your supply kit each week so that it doesn't break your budget. Remember to check your kit often and rotate the non-perishable food in your kit.
- Secure items in and around your home before tropical storm force winds arrive.
- Be sure all family members know who to call or where to gather if you become separated.
- Let family and friends in other locations know your evacuation plans.