The Florida Department of Education is experiencing up to a 90 day delay processing certification applications. However, the School District of Lee County Human Resources Department is able to assist you with your employment application process.
If you have applied to the Florida Department of Education and are waiting on issuance of your Florida Educators Certificate or Statement of Status of Eligibility and
- You currently hold an out-of-state teaching certificate, or
- a degree major equivalent to the required certification, or
- hold a bachelor’s degree or higher and have earned a passing score on a Florida FTCE subject area exam
Please send us an e-mail at [email protected].
The following documents will be needed in order to move forward with our employment application process:
- Official transcript reflecting a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Copy of all official Florida FTCE subject area exam score reports (if applicable).
- Copy of all out-of-state teaching certificates (if applicable).
The Spring 2018 Teacher Recruitment Fair was held on Saturday, April 14, 2018; however, we are still recruiting teachers for the 2018-2019 school year!
We are hosting a STEM Teacher Virtual Interview Day on Wednesday, June 6th. For more information and how to register for this event, please click here.
Our Current Career Opportunities
To view a list of our Current Career Opportunities that are updated weekly, please click on the link under the video on our Careers Page here.
Note: Instructional positions are only available to applicants who have followed the steps to pre-qualifty. Please see the Instructional information page for the pre-qualification steps.