The School District of Lee County has developed this website to provide relevant information about each school to parents and the community. At present, it includes tabs called Score Card, School Grades, Programs and Education Levels. The District plans to add further information to this site in the future.
- School Grades: This tab displays each school's grades over the past five years based on the State of Florida School Grading System.
- Programs: This tab displays special programs (academic and non-academic) that are offered at each middle and high school.
- Education Levels: This tab provides a breakdown of the number and percent of administrators and instructional staff at each school, and the type of educational degrees they have.
Littleton Elementary School
Each year the State of Florida issues school grades to all public schools that qualify.* School grades are based primarily on the results of state-wide student achievement assessments called the Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) which includes End-of- Course Exams (EOCs).
The following components are included in the grade calculation:
- Achievement (percentage of students scoring Level 3 or higher) in reading, math, science. Social studies achievement is also included for middle and high schools.
- Learning gains in reading and math. Learning gains are generally measured by the movement of students from one achievement level (or sublevel) to another.
- Percentage of students in accelerated courses like Algebra 1 and industry certification for middle schools and Advanced Placement, dual enrollment, IB, AICE, or Industry Certification for high schools.
- Graduation Rate (high schools only)
* Some kinds of schools and special programs are excluded from the grading system (e.g. Dept. of Juvenile Justice centers, special education centers, etc.).
Learning Gains Trends
Percent of students making learning gains (i.e. moving up achievement levels)
|ELA Learning Gains||Math Learning Gains||ELA Learning Gains of the Lowest 25%||Math Learning Gains of the Lowest 25%|
Percent of students scoring Level 3 or higher
|ELA Achievement||Math Achievement||Science Achievement|
Below is the breakdown of the academic degrees of the full-time staff, administrators, and teachers currently working at this school.
|Highest Education Level||Total||Percentage|
|Bachelors degree or Other Qualifications||27||62.79%|