I. Physical Development
- Children will identify and practice healthy habits such as washing hands, brushing teeth, eating healthy foods, and toileting.
- Children will develop independence in performing self-care tasks such as carrying out classroom routines, dressing themselves, and participating in classroom jobs.
- Children will demonstrate control of large muscles by jumping, skipping, marching, hopping, climbing, running, throwing, kicking, and pedaling.
- Children will demonstrate control of small muscles by interacting with writing tools, scissors, manipulatives, paintbrushes, and play-dough.
II. Approaches to Learning
- Children will sustain interest in self-chosen activities/tasks and persist until all problems are solved, ignoring distractions.
- Children will show eagerness and curiosity in exploring a variety of topics and materials in their learning environment.