Riverdale High School Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) students won eight events at the State Leadership Conference in Orlando which took place in March.
They had a total of 14 student wins, a new record for the school.
Riverdale had 13 sophomores competing, beating Florida upperclassmen in most of their events. The 38 students were among 4,000 who competed in 60 events.
- 1st place – Global Business, Malia Williams & Miranda Sosa
- 2nd place – Business Financial Plan, Erian Cabrera, Trevor Mathisen, Harrison Strohl
- 2nd place – Intro to Parliamentary Procedure, Keenan Walker
- 3rd place – Social Media Campaign Team, Lauren Brashear, Daniela Jang, Sunghee Kim
- 3rd Place – Public Speaking 1, Kimberly Jean Joseph
- 3rd place – Intro to Business presentation, Kailey Natella, Miranda Persaud
- 5th place – Sales Presentation, Justin Haro
- 5th place – Electronic Career Portfolio, Jenny Nguyen (12th grade)
Now the team must raise $10,000 to advance to Nationals in Anaheim, California in June. Donations can be made to Riverdale High School FBLA through Ileane Flores, Riverdale business teacher and chapter adviser. She is also the FBLA District Director for the five-county region.
Contact Flores at [email protected], or call 239-694-4141 if you can help a deserving student.