The School Board of Lee County, Florida is soliciting qualified members of the community to serve on the following School Board Advisory Committees, whose purpose will be to provide input, advice and support to the School Board on topics identified by the School Board as specific to each committee:
- Continuous Systemic Improvement Advisory Committee - Systematically review components of the District’s strategic plan for the purpose of providing input to the School Board concerning the content and implementation of the plan. The committee shall determine which component of the plan to review after receiving a recommendation from the Board member liaison and Committee Chair.
- Construction Advisory Committee – Provides input, advice and support to the five-year capital plan; the committee shall also review proposed new construction and renovation projects and review plans for compliance with safety-to-life issues.
- Curriculum Advisory Committee – Provides input, advice and support to: curriculum content; materials and assessment instruments; school improvement process; District-wide technology issues and promote the integration of technology into the home and school learning environments.
- Finance Advisory Committee – Provides input, advice and support in the preparation of the operating and capital budget for the School District of Lee County.
- Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee – To monitor the District’s maintenance of a unitary school system and adherence to School Board Policies concerning equity and diversity. Review and provide input concerning revisions to the student assignment plan and any proposal to acquire a school site, construct or abandon a school facility.
For consideration of new members for this year’s September appointments to the Board Advisory Committees (which would start approximately after September 5, 2017 pending Board vote/approval.), ONLINE APPLICATION NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED AND RECEIVED BY 4:00 P.M. ON JULY 24, 2017. Online applications will be taken continually to be considered for appointments made when vacancies occur throughout the appointment year(s) on each of the committees. In appointing members to the Advisory Committees, the Board shall make every effort to reflect the racial and ethnic composition of the community population whenever possible. All meetings are open to the public at all times. Each committee shall be subject to the Sunshine Law. Citizens may be appointed to serve additional terms on the same committee. For further information concerning Board Advisory Committees, refer to School Board Policy 1.20 - Community Involvement Opportunities
Any individual wishing to apply for membership on an advisory committee must provide information to the School Board concerning any business he/she is doing with the School Board, or has a contractual or employment relationship with any entity which is doing business with the School Board, in advance of being appointed to membership on an advisory committee. “Doing business” with the District does not include being employed by the District. Members of Advisory Committees will abstain from voting as a committee member on any matter that may personally benefit the committee member, his/her employer, or any entity he/she presently has a contract with.
Applications to serve on above advisory committees may be completed online at: http://www.leeschools.net/board-advisory-committees-online-application
For any questions, please contact Mary Reider at 239-337-8303 or via E-mail: MaryER@leeschools.net