Instructional Materials Adoption 2017-2018 - Committee Recommendations Online Access for Review
High School (9-12) Earth/Space Science
Timeline for Adoption Cycle 2017-2018
- October 24, 2017 - Publisher Showcase (4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- October 25, 2017 - Community Committee Nominations Survey Open
- November 3, 2017 - Community Committee Nominations Survey Closed
- November 6, 2017 - Committee Members announce
- November 13, 2017 - Training for Committee Members (4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- November 28 - 29, 2017 - Middle School Publisher Presentations and Committee Deliberations (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- December 4 - 5, 2017 - High School Publisher Presentations and Committee Deliberations (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- December 11 - 12, 2017 - Elementary Publisher Presentations and Committee Deliberations (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- March 13, 2018 - Public Hearing
- April 10, 2018 - Board Adopts Instructional Materials
- April 11, 2018 - Objection Form Posted
- May 10, 2018 - Deadline to Submit Objections
- May 14, 2018 - Hearing Officer hears formal objections
- June 5, 2018 - School Board meeting to authorize purchase
District Adopted Instructional Materials
Teachers should report any concerns regarding content errors in instructional materials via email or phone call to the Academic Services Division and a staff member will communicate the information to the publisher.
Management of Instructional Materials Currently in Use
Senate Bill 1248 includes:
“Money collected for lost or damaged books: enforcement. – The school principal shall collect from each student or the student’s parent the purchase price of any instructional material the student has lost, destroyed, or unnecessarily damaged and to report and transmit the money collected to the district school superintendent."
This change allows principals to collect the entire purchase price of the instructional materials.