Timeline for Adoption Cycle 2016-2017
- October 19, 2016 - Publisher Showcase (4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- October 20, 2016 - Community Committee Nominations Survey Open
- November 4, 2016 - Community Committe Nominations Survey Closed
- November 8, 2016 - Committee Members announce
- November 14, 2016 - Training for Committee Members (4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- December 5, 2016 - Elementary Publisher Presentations and Committee Deliberations (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- December 6 - 7, 2016 - Middle School Publisher Presentations and Committee Deliberations (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- December 14 - 15, 2016 - High School Publisher Presentations and Committee Deliberations (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- February 21, 2017 - Public Hearing
- March 21, 2017 - Board Adopts Instructional Materials
- March 21, 2017 - Objection Form Posted
- April 21, 2017 - Deadline to Submit Objections
- May 16, 2017 - Public Hearing
Instructional Materials Adoption 2016-2017 - Committee Recommendations Online Access for Review
District Adopted Instructional Materials
Teachers should report any concerns regarding content errors in instructional materials via email or phone call to the Academic Services Division and a staff member will communicate the information to the publisher.
Lost or Damaged Instructional Materials
Senate Bill 1248 includes:
“Money collected for lost or damaged books: enforcement. – The school principal shall collect from each student or the student’s parent the purchase price of any instructional material the student has lost, destroyed, or unnecessarily damaged and to report and transmit the money collected to the district school superintendent."
This change allows principals to collect the entire purchase price of the instructional materials.