- A minimum of 60 semester/credit hours; or a conferred degree (Associated, Bachelor, Master or higher; from an accredited institution of higher learning).
- Be able to provide the School District of Lee County Official Transcripts in a sealed envelope
**If you have teaching experience, e-mail your resume to [email protected]**
Your resume will be reviewed (volume of resumes will determine response time). Please wait for an official e-mail response from Human Resources explaining the next steps. It is not necessary to obtain an administrative recommendation (Step 2) if you have teaching experience.
School District of Lee County Retirees (who have a minimum of 60 semester credit hours or more):
· If you have met the Florida Retirement System rules for reemployment (If you are unsure, please contact FRS @1-844-377-1888 or [email protected].)
· E-mail your name and retirement date to [email protected]
· You will receive an e-mail back within a few days with the guest teacher application link and process.
No teaching experience, please proceed to Step 2
(the recommendation comes in the form of a proprietary application website that is provided to you by the recommending administrator or their designee)
- It is preferred that the recommendation come from a school based administrator (Principal or Asst. Principal), although any administrator is welcome to make the recommendation.
- For individuals new to the area or who do not have a professional rapport with an existing administrator, it is suggested that you reach out to one of the neighborhood schools. Please do not make an unannounced visit to a school requesting a recommendation. Email or phone is probably best, given the busy nature of their daily operations. Introduce yourself, offer your resume for review and inquire as to what would be necessary to earn their recommendation into the guest teacher pool. It may be that they will review your resume, or perhaps meet (interview) you, or offer to volunteer at the school, if your schedule permits. If you have exhausted all other options, then please contact, Heather Tyndall.
Create or use existing account to apply to the guest teacher pool with the recommendation link that was given.
- 3 Reference forms completed on the Guest Reference form - One reference must be from your current or most recent employer. (Please make sure that person completing the reference fills in the dates worked or the dates they have known you)
- Official Transcripts with a minimum of 60 semester credit hours; or a conferred degree (Associate, Bachelor, Master or higher; from an accredited institution of higher learning). **If you are submitting official transcripts with a different name than the one you applied with, please notify the HR Staffing Team.**;
After you have applied to the online application, and provided the above documents in step 3. You will receive the next steps in an email(s) from our Guest Teacher Contact.
- Fingerprint Instructions – Wait for the email instructions and please follow them carefully
- Hire Packet – The packet will be emailed to you. You will need to print the packet, complete forms and bring to our office. You will need to provide your social security card and driver’s license for us to copy for our records.
Newly Hired Guest Teacher - New hires after September 1, 2017 will need to attend Guest Teacher Orientation before they can be a Guest Teacher in Lee County Schools. All others hired before September 1, 2017 will need to have attended the orientation by December 4, 2017 to continue to Guest Teach. Click on Additional Details for more information on how to sign up for Guest Teacher Orientation. Scroll down to see the instructions.Additional Details
School District of Lee County
Staffing and Talent Management
2855 Colonial Boulevard
Fort Myers, Florida 33966
Phone: (239) 337-8197
Email: Guest Teacher Center
Department Operating Hours:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday