Work Site Guidelines
Liability claims include:
- Claims for injuries to students or visitors (parents and delivery people) to District property or District events.
- Claims for damages to the property of third parties by the District.
To Report a Potential Liability Claim:
Significant Liability Claims
- Notify the Communications Department of all potentially significant liability claims (requires a call for EMS, police, fire) by calling (239) 939-6888. Communications will notify key individuals through the Incident Reporting process.
- A School or Department Incident Report should be submitted to Compensation, Benefits and Insurance following the call to Communications.
Minor Liability Claims
- Minor liability claims may be reported by submitting only a School or Department Incident Report to Compensation, Benefits and Insurance.
Property Insurance Claims include:
- Claims for stolen District property.
- Claims for damaged District property (damage can be caused by lightning, wind, fire, smoke, vandalism and water from rain, water leaks or sewer backup)
To Report a Property Insurance Claim:
- Notify the Communications Department of all District property loss claims by calling 461-8420. Communications will notify key individuals through the Incident Reporting process.
- Losses of District property due to vandalism or theft must be reported to law enforcement and must be the result of forced entry to be covered.