The Communications Department handles the approval process for flyers being distributed in our schools. Before submitting a flyer for approval, please read School Board Policy 2.24 in its entirety. Flyers must be in complete compliance with this policy in order to be approved for distribution.
We ask that organizations pre-bundle their flyers in accordance with the Class Size Amendment for easy distribution:
- 18 students in prekindergarten through 3rd grade;
- 22 students in grades 4th through 8th; and
- 25 students in grades 9th through 12th.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: While approval from the District is needed to be sure your flyer is in compliance with Board policy, School Principals have the final say concerning what types of materials are distributed in their schools.
Once you have a copy of your flyer, fill out the "Community Flyer Approval Form" below
To download form:
- Place your mouse over the link and "right" click your mouse
- In the pop-up box click
- "Save target as..." (if you are using Internet Explorer) or
- "Save link as..." (if you are using Chrome)
Once the form is complete, you may return the form and a copy of your flyer by
- Emailing the form and a copy of your flyer to the Communications Department at [email protected]; or
- Print and bring a copy of the flyer and the form to the Lee County Public Education Center (you may leave it at the front desk); or
- Print and mail a copy of the flyer and the form to:
- Lee County Public Education Center
Communications Department - Community Fliers
2855 Colonial Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33966
Materials are reviewed in the Department each Monday with approvals released within 24 to 48 hours.
A letter will be emailed to you advising on the approval status of your flyer. If approved, you will need to bring the flyers and approval letter to each location for the Principal's review.