A successful, high quality public education system is a major driver of economic development. Research shows that education may be THE most important single economic driver in a community, promoting higher incomes, better jobs, and healthy growth. Quality public schools increase property values, and economic health of a community. Businesses, professionals, and highly skilled workers relocate to communities based on the merits of the school system, both for their children and for future employees. A high quality school system benefits everyone’s bottom line.
The capital budget is seperate from the District's General Budget or also known as Operational Funds.
A family of four
with an income
of $50,000 will pay
$64 per year
School District of Lee County, Florida
LEVY OF ONE-HALF CENT PER DOLLAR SALES SURTAX FOR EDUCATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS, EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
Shall a half-cent per dollar sales surtax be levied by The School Board to fund the construction of new schools, reconstruction and renovation of existing schools, acquisition of equipment, including safety and security equipment and technology for a 10 year period beginning January 1, 2019, with oversight by an independent citizens’ committee? Proceeds of the surtax will be used to fund the acquisition, construction, renovation, equipping and financing of public school facilities and technology.
One-Half Cent Will Fund
- Two New Elementary and Middle Schools
- One New High School
- Rebuild an Elementary and Middle School
- Camera System for Schools
- Hearing Impaired Lockdown Lights
- Fire Alarm Systems
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)
- and more! Visit Our Project List
One-Half Cent Cannot Fund
- Salaries and Benefits for Faculty and Staff
- Materials and Supplies for Classrooms
- Training Costs for Faculty and Staff
- Administrator Salaries and Benefits
- District Services
- School Services
- Administrative Technology
- Charter School Buildings, Repairs, or Improvements
Capital Adds Up To A GREAT EDUCATION!
Capital funds are critical in providing secure, technologically advanced and well-maintained facilities, where we can provide a state-of-the-art education.